Friday 2 January 2009

Happy Memories

First of all I just wanted to wish everyone a very happy and healthy New Year.

It was with great sadness (yes, lots of tears) that on the 23rd December 2008 we had to have our cat put to sleep. Oliver was our gorgeous tabby cat who has been with us for over 18 years. We brought him and his brother Benson home in September 1990. Unfortunately Benny died back in April 1996. Although Oliver had been deaf for the last couple of years he was the strong one and Benny was the really big, long legged, daft cat. Both were healthy, well behaved and affectionate.

I like to take photos and I keep all my albums within easy reach. I decided that, with the new technology available to me today, I would scan the old photos of both Oliver and Benson to produce a slide show in their memory.

This gave me the opportunity to look through the albums and see the faces of family and friends, some who I’m still in touch with, some with whom I have parted ways and there are those who have died, but we capture happy moments with the camera and looking at them made me smile and laugh out loud. So in mourning my cat I’ve been able to rejoice at all the wonderful people I have known who have made my life so great.



No comments: