Wednesday 21 January 2009

Further thoughts

OK, so I am a little worried that some of you may think that my last statement seemed a little simplistic, so I thought I’d qualify my words briefly!

We all know that we feel better when we eat a healthy balanced diet. None of us like it when we eat too much and end up feel bloated. And even my son noticed the difference when he began to eat a healthy sandwich for lunch instead of a McDonalds burger. He said he felt he had more energy. Healthy eating does involve some planning but this can make life easier on the day with less last minute panics.

Exercise…well this could be anything from taking a walk, swimming, doing yoga (of course) or climbing stairs. These are just my personal favourites. I believe we should do a little exercise everyday rather than just leave it all to one day. Again if we think about it we benefit from exercise that gets the heart pumping and also from stretching and building strength in our muscles.

And finally I recommended laughing. Even when we are feeling low or cross, if you make the effort to smile this sends messages around the body and you’ll feel better. It really works. Feel the muscles in your forehead begin to relax. Laughing is hard for some people. There are special laughter therapy classes and I have been told they really work. At home we all love ‘the big bang theory’ a comic sitcom on TV. I can let you know when it’s on again. But watch kids, they’re funny and so are animals and don’t worry if you laugh out loud on the tube when you read something funny in a book. Just enjoy it.

No comments: