Sunday 1 August 2010

Talking about love and life

Life has its ups and downs, twists and turns. We learn to adapt and to accept the good and the bad that’s thrown at us. Hopefully we become stronger, understanding ourselves and our path.
I have been deeply in love but recently lost my husband and, yes, as the saying goes; ‘...it is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all’. I am, at present, somewhat consumed with heartache and grief and quite strongly the feeling of the importance of love.
This is a gentle nudge to remind you to tell your partner and your family that you love them. In the film Fiddler on the Roof, Topol asks the question, ‘do you love me?’, of his wife and she lists all the jobs she does for him, but that’s just being a wife. Be prepared to consider if your love is returned. We have to live life honestly, so communicate your love and then let that love flow out to everyone you know. Live with no regrets. I was reminded of the importance of communication and what good advice that was. What we do and say in the present creates our past. When I am sad in the present I look back to the past for comfort and then I let that feeling comfort me in the present.

My latest advertising says:
Love Life, Love Yourself, Love Yoga
I don’t think it really matters which order these words go, they are all important and they go hand in hand. A less catchy line could be: respect yourself, respect life and, if you discipline yourself to practice yoga regularly, you’ll love it, love your body and love life.

No comments: